Below is a list of National, Regional, and Local scholarships organized by due date. Please click on the blue link and it will either take you directly to the scholarship website where you can learn more about the scholarship and apply or it will take you to a PDF/WordDoc where you can download a copy of the application to fill out and submit. The counselor will remind students to check the website for updated scholarship information, but please note it is the students responsibility to periodically check the scholarship page on the school website as it will continuously be update as scholarship announcements are received/found. It should also be noted these are not the only scholarships available. Student are encouraged to visit myCollegeOptions and studentscholarships.org to search more scholarship opportunities. The number of scholarships is endless, so I encourage students and parents to still do their own research on scholarship opportunities.
***Local Scholarships will be highlighted below.
DUE IN OCTOBER:
DUE IN NOVEMBER:
DUE IN DECEMBER:
DUE IN JANUARY:
DUE IN FEBRUARY:
- Franklin REC Basin Scholarship. $1000 scholarships, senior. Due February 1,
- Iowa 4-H Foundation Scholarships. $500-$3500 scholarships. Must be 4-H member. Due February 1,
- Grand Lodge of Iowa Masonic Scholarship. Seniors pursuing an education in any state at a two or four your college. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due February 1,
2017 Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship Four Scholarships available $1,500-500. Due Feb. 3rd
- Hy-vee Scholarship. Must be a Hy-vee employee. Due February 10,
- Iowa Newspaper Foundation Scholarship. Seniors preparing for an Iowa newspaper career at in-state colleges or universities. Due February 12,
- National Honor Society Scholarship. Senior. NHS member. Due February 16th,
- Franklin County Soil and Water Conservation Scholarship. $500. Major in agricultural or conservation-related field. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due 17th
- Iowa Engineering Society Scholarship. Senior interested in attending the College of Engineering at either U of I or ISU. Due February 19th,
- Society of Professional Journalist Essay Contest. Topic: "Why is it important that we have news media that are independent of the governmnet?" Due February 24,
- NIAAA Student Athlete Scholarship. Senior athlete. Must have played two sports in the last two years and received at least one varsity letter. Due February 28,
DUE IN MARCH:
- Tall Corn FFA Alumni President Scholarship. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due March 1
- Iowa Grocery Industry Association IGIA. Sons or daughters of full-time employees of firms that are members of the IGIA. The parent must have been employed for at least two years as of January 1, 2016. or Employees (full-time or part-time) who are full-time students employed by firms that are members of the IGIA. Applicants must have worked a minimum of 300 hours during the 6-month period between July 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015. Due March 1,
- Matthew Shepard Scholarship. 3.0 or higher GPA. ACT of 22 or better. Openly LGBTQ. Due March 1,
- Murray Wise Associates Foundation Scholarship. Student pursuing degree in AG. Due March 1,
- IT Leadership Forum Technology Scholarship. Two- $1000 Scholarships. Essay and two letters of recommendation. Due March 1,
- ICAN Outstanding Student Scholarship. Attending a two- or four-year institution in Iowa. Essay Contest. Due March 1,
- Innovative Ag Services (IAS). $750. Student who wishes to pursue a degree in agriculture industry. Due March 1st,
- NCC Electrical Technology, Powerline, or Powerline Technology Scholarship. $500. Recipients may be first/second-year students at NCC in Industrial And Commercial Wiring, Powerline, or Powerline Technology. Due March 1,
- Grand Lodge of Iowa MCEC Technical Scholarship. Seniors who plan to enroll in a mechanical or trade course of study at an Iowa Community College. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due March 1,
- New Cooperative Inc. $2,000 scholarship. Students intending a career in agriculture while attending an Iowa college full-time. Applicant should be a member or a dependent of a New Cooperative employee. March 3th,
- DMACC foundation scholarship. Must be attending DMACC. March 4th,
- Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa Scholarship opportunities. Multiple scholarship opportunities. Due March 9,
- North Iowa Builders Exchange. $1,000 Annually, Career in Building and trades field. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due March 9th
- Franklin Rec Commitment to Community Scholarship. $300. Students who show commitment to community by volunteering in organizations or events in the community, church, etc. Due March 14,
- Franklin General Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Pursing a college degree in any health-related field. Due March 15.
- ACACIA Leadership Scholarship. Up to $1000. Male. Must be attending Iowa State University. See Mrs. Moeller to apply. Due March 18,
- Robert Smiley Scholarship. Female athlete. Let Mrs. Moeller know if you would like to be nominated. Due March 21,
- ACACIA Leadership Scholarship. Senior male. Must be attending the University of Iowa. Due March 30,
- www.iowaheartland.org. Iowa Heartland Credit Union. The application must be submitted no later than March 31st,
- Distinguished Young Women Scholarships. Female seniors. Due date unknown.
DUE IN APRIL:
- Third District American Legion Auxiliary Merit Award. (Please see Mrs. Moeller for application). Any member of The American Legion or the American Legion Auxiliary, SAL or their son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter; or the surviving spouse or the son, daughter, grandson, or granddaughter (also great) of a deceased veteran is eligible. Due April 1, 2016.
- CAL Education Association Scholarship. Any CAL student graduating from the current school years senior class and planning to further their education is eligible to apply. The student will be required to write a one page essay about their future educational plans and how CAL has prepared them to reach these goals. One male and one female graduate will each receive the awarded money after they turn in their first semester college grades. The grades must be passing in order for the student to receive the award. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due April 1, 2016.
- First Citizen Bank. $250. Senior in good standing (good grades). See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due April 1, 2016.
- Elevate Iowa. $500. Iowa high school seniors interested in studying a manufacturing-related career at one of Iowa’s 15 Community Colleges. Due April 1, 2016.
- Flint Hills Resources Discovery Scholarship. $1500 scholarship. GPA of 3.5, Demonstrated academic success in math, science, technology and/or agriculture, Intent to pursue a career in math, science, agriculture or a related field, Proven leadership skills, Planned attendance at a college, university, technical college or trade school. Submit completed applications to Mrs. Moeller. Due April 1st
- AgVantage FS Scholarship. $1,000. Dependent of an AgVantage FS employee or customer, 2.5 GPA or higher, pursuing a career in agriculture or agribusiness related majors. Due April 1, 2016.
- AgriLegacy Scholarship. $1,000. Students going into the field of agriculture. Due April 1, 2016.
- Iowa Lakes Wind Energy and Turbine Technology Scholarship. $500. Recipients must be enrolled in the Wind Energy and Turbine Technology program; be either first-or second-year students at Iowa Lakes Community College; have a high school grade point average of 2.5; an Iowa resident; and maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average. Due April 1, 2016.
- DSA of NCI Scholarship. $1000. Individual pursuing education in a special needs field. Due April 1, 2016.
- NIACC Money to Learn Scholarship. $500. Student must be attending NIACC in the Fall. Essay. April 9, 2016
- North Iowa Credit Union Chapter Scholarship. Due April 17th
- Latham Legacy of Leadership Scholarship. $1000, scholarship award will honor one student who has shown leadership through community volunteerism, principled character, and the ability to articulate the importance of civic or political involvement. This scholarship is open to graduating students who reside in Franklin County and are themselves (or who have parents who are) registered to vote as Republicans. Due April 21st, 2016.
- Hampton State Bank. $250. Good standing with grades and need will be taken into consideration. See Mrs. Moeller for application. Due April 22nd.
- Toptal Scholarship. Female student 13 and up interested in pursing their technical career aspirations. (Ongoing-one scholarship given out each month).
- StudentScholarship.org. Numerous Scholarship Programs. Due throughout April.
- Mort's Water Company. $250. Good standing with grades. See Mrs. Moeller for an application. Due April 27th.
DUE IN MAY:
- IABO (Iowa Association of Building Officials) Scholarship. $500. Students who are attending a 2 or 4 year program for Architectural Technologies, Construction, Engineering, and related fields (see website for list of approved schools/programs). Due May 1, 2016.
- The Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship. (MidWestOne Bank) See Mrs. Moeller of application. Requirements: Protestant faith, resident of Iowa, attending U of I full-time. Due May 2, 2016.
- UnityPoint Health Scholar Athlete of the Year. Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence, participation in athletics and service to their school and community. Submit applications to High School Principal. Due May 13, 2016.
DUE IN JUNE:
- Aspiring Business Professionals. $1000. Seniors interested in pursuing a business career. Due June 1st, 2016.
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program. $1000 Due June 12th
- Aspiring Nurses Scholarship. Senior interested in pursuing a nursing career. Due June 30, 2016
DUE IN JULY: